Friday, June 24, 2005

Coffee in Bed

My favorite way to start the day is with a cup of coffee in bed. I might just sit there with no thought in my mind. Or my head might be brimming with morning thoughts. Or I might have journal in hand writing furiously to capture some of the images skimming across the top.

This morning my mind images are of Fredericksburg and a recent visit to the Texas Hill Country. Sitting in a front porch rocking chair sketching the limbs of a 150 year old oak tree. Fredericksburg German-chocolate fudge. The Yellow House. Driving. Luckenbach. The Medina River. Boerne. Kerrville. Bandera. Llano. Seven acres in Leander.

Let's go to Luckenbach Texas,
With Waylon and Willie and the boys ...

Luckenbach, Texas --lyrics by Bobby Emmons and Chips Moman
--recorded by Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!