Wednesday, December 6, 2006

A Rare Sketch

A rare piece out of my sketchbook--MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

My paintings, like architecture, typically start with a conceptual drawing in a sketchbook. Next the design is worked into a developmental study in watercolor or a small (postcard size) oil painting. When the study feels right, I paint a larger piece.

The studies are typically offered for sale through my eBay store TXSauceStudio where there is always a bargain auction or two. A few people have been lucky enough to purchase a Hoyt postcard painting for $19.95. The auctions are a good way to start collecting art for minimal expense. Looking is FREE!

Larger pieces are available for purchase direct from me or through gallery representation. Subscribe to Texas Sauce Art Life (subscription form upper right) or bookmark this blog to preview new paintings. Visit my website to see paintings sold.