Friday, March 2, 2007

Pear ala Chianti oil still life


Pear ala Chianti
oil painting
11"x14" canvas panel
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2005

artist's collection

email artist@vbridgeshoyt.com
view more paintings at TXSauce Studio Art

Still no painting time today, so I am showing you another painting out of my personal collection. It's one of the paintings I consider a breakthrough painting when I made a jump from one skill level to the next. This one was an oil study of a planned still life. This quick study seemed to paint itself.

..........

Click here to see my complete daily painting collection.

1 comment:

  1. So joyous and spontaneous Nita! Why is it so often the case that the ones that seem to paint themselves have some of the best stories to tell?! Love the vigorous brushstrokes... and the pleasing mix of happy colours. Chin Chin!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!