Copyright

Texas Sauce Art Life ... ramblings about art and life. Published since January 2005. Images and content © Vernita Bridges Hoyt. All Rights Reserved. If quoting parts of this blog, please provide a back link to http://txsauce.blogspot.com/

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Bluebird of Happiness, pastel

My mother loved birds. On one of my trips home to the farm I sketched a bluebird that perched on the fence post above one of Mom's bluebird houses.


Bluebird of Happiness
soft pastel
9x12 Art Spectrum acid-free pastel paper
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2007
certificate of authenticity included

Artist's Collection

I couldn't part with my mom's bluebird and decided to keep this painting for myself.


Detail of bluebird
Click on image to enlarge.



..........

Click here to visit Texas Sauce Art Studio gallery at www.txsauce.net

3 comments:

  1. Nita... this is simply exquisite! I'll bet it won't last long... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jean. I have been exploring pastels for the past couple of months. I had not touched pastels in about 30 years ... oh, that feels so old [wink]. I am enjoying the exploration. Of course I will come back to my oils eventually. The admonishment to "specialize" just doesn't work for me. I want to explore different media in this life. I'm like a kid in the proverbial candy shop. Too much to see. Too much to do. Too little time. Do you ever feel rushed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the time... and I mean all the time! LOL I also have to admit that my life currently is not my own... if only *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...