Monday, November 26, 2007

Texas Armadillo oil ~ SOLD

I did say I would be posting memories of past works, but so far I haven't run out of new paintings to post. As we get deeper into the Holiday Season, that will happen. I have been blessed with a couple of portrait commissions, and I will be focused on that from now to Christmas.

However, I couldn't let the year finish without painting another Texas armadillo. This is from the reference photos taken last year at the farm. At age 91, Dad still drives a pickup and tractor and takes care of his cattle. As I accompanied him on that particular drive to count the cattle, we spied an armadillo. Dad stopped the pickup truck, and with camera in hand I ventured out of the truck to sneak up on the armadillo and snap some photos. The critter never knew I was there until the wind changed and he could smell a human's scent on the wind. At that point he scampered off into the nearby forest, but not before I got my reference photos for painting.


Texas armadillo wildlife landscape"Armadillo on the Move"
oil on 4"x6" gallery wrap canvas
© Vernita Bridges-Hoyt 2007

sold

email artist@vbridgeshoyt.com

10% of this painting sale will benefit animals at the Northern Rockies Office of the Humane Society of the United States.

The armadillo's tail wraps around the edge of the deep gallery wrap canvas. The wrapped tail creates a sense of movement in the armadillo. Check back in a few days for updated photos of the work-in-progress.


Texas armadillo wildlife landscape
[preview of the canvas side with tail wrap]

The Texas landscape continues on canvas sides.

Hang without a frame or place on a shelf.



..........
For a daily dose of architecture, please read Bridges 2 Design.
..........
Subscribe to email previews of V. Bridges Hoyt paintings here.
..........
Click here to view my prints and gift items.