Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Fleeting Thoughts

I woke this morning thinking I would write something profound about becoming the eldest generation in a family after one's parents have been promoted to Glory, but those fleeting thoughts racing through my mind as I traveled through the dawning moments of today have left me now. I can only say that I am praying for Aunt Mollie to recover her breath, as I continue to pray for Carol Ann, Ms. Polly, Ms. Thelda, and my dad and others to make it through the winter.

Death brings such finality to not only the one experiencing passage but also to those left behind. The end of a loved one's life brings an end to our life as we know it and forces unwanted change. I am praying for you all.

2 comments:

  1. Nita I missed this post back in the turmoil of December... but just wanted to say... I couldn't agree with you more. Such beautiful words and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jean. You of all people would understand what I mean.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!