Friday, February 8, 2008

Painting from My Soul

Life is a series of challenges with hills (sometimes mountains) and valleys. Traditionally, my way to the other side of bad times had been to paint. Six years ago, this painting was a breakthrough. In 2001, I lost even the desire to create art until a dear and supportive friend brought me back to painting. We set up a room in my house with a table and easel. She joined me with paint brush in hand, and there the next phase of my life began to unfold. After a few false starts, I began to paint alone. Completion of the painting below was my first expression of hope. With no references, the leafless trees on bare ground and distant snow-covered peaks found their way from brush to canvas. I keep this painting to honor a departed dear one who will always be with me in spirit.


©2008 Vernita Bridges-Hoyt



"Two Trees"
spiritual art
About This Painting:
This painting comes from the artist's soul. Originally of one lone tree titled The Christ Tree, this painting evolved to become Two Trees standing side-by-side but separate, roots holding tightly to rocky ground, branches intertwined for support while reaching above crags, cold mountaintops and clouds for new life, a higher level of understanding and peace.

"Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself." --Samuel Butler

Media: oil on linen
Size: 12 in X 16 in (30.5 cm X 40.6 cm)

Artist's Collection
..........
Click here to see more of my daily paintings: One Painting a Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!