Thursday, April 3, 2008

Portraits and Studies

I have put a number of my portrait studies and a few finished portraits in a video format for youtube, but you can view it by clicking on the start arrow here.



For years my intentions have been to paint more portraits to leave behind as a legacy when I am gone. I think every artist paints wondering if their paintings will survive the years to come. It would be nice to think that I still have time to finish a few more portraits and that those portraits would be valued over time. So I dream on ... and paint on.

The past two years of painting pets and animals has been of threefold benefit: 1) I've contributed toward the $41,000+ raised by Art Helping Animals to benefit homeless pets and other animals in need; 2) I've gained terrific painting practice for capturing the essence of life in the painting of people; 3) I've met terrific artists and made such good friends who give me great inspiration and support. As I embark on painting more people, I will continue also to paint the the animals. It's all about painting LIFE.
..........
Click here to see more of my daily paintings: One Painting a Day
See more art to benefit animal rescue here: Art Helping Animals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!