Thursday, July 17, 2008

Top 5 poisonous plants

Good Morning! 

I just came across a list of plants that are poisonous to our pets. The Top 5 are so common here. When my children were small, I was warned about the poisonous Oleander growing in front of the new first house, and they were disposed of. I was unaware that Texas native Lantana is poisonous. Two years ago I did have beautiful Lantana growing in a circular bed in my back flower gardens until Yoshi the Boxer pup dug them up. Maybe Yoshi was wiser than I. The Boxer and Border Collie are healthy and well. The Lantana is long dead. Now I know what NOT to plant back in that bed.

For the complete list and to view photos of these plants, click on the link below.

..........
"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us some email." -- 4 year old girl, misquoting the Lord's Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!