Thursday, October 2, 2008

Chaos to Silver Linings

from Art Helping Animals.


Last week I drafted the start of a post about chaos, but I never finished it. My words ran dry. 

The silver lining to the cloud came with a challenge issued through Art Helping Animals to create a new painting to benefit each of the AHA approved animal charities, all to be completed during the month of September. I had already painted two before Ike blew so cruelly in to the Gulf Coast. I wouldn't find the muse again until the 23rd of September. That left me only seven days to paint 12 paintings. That's when I found my muse as well as a new technique for my current series of postcard paintings ... and I finished the challenge on September 30 with two hours to spare!

Vernita Bridges-Hoyt

is awarded the

Art Helping Animals 

Golden Paws Award 
September 2008

..........

Purchase paintings at One Painting a Day.
Get Cards & Gifts designed by V. Bridges-Hoyt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!