Saturday, March 20, 2010

Farmers Branch (Dallas) Redbud Tree, oil painting

Redbud Tree View from Kitchen Window


Palette Knife Oil Painting of Redbud Tree in Early Spring in Texas, painting by Vernita Bridges Hoyt
Redbud Tree impasto oil painting © V. Bridges Hoyt 2010


At every house I've lived, a Redbud tree from the farm was always planted. This young Redbud tree grew in my back garden when I lived in the Dallas area in the 70's. This was the view from my kitchen window.



Redbud Tree on Harlee Drive
oil on canvas panel
20 in X 24 in (50.8 cm X 61 cm)

 artist@vbridgeshoyt.com

This painting is in my personal collection.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice painting of the redbud. My tree is so young but it is getting to look good every new spring. They grow wild in some of our timber areas and they were planted all over campus at ISU. I new school was soon to be out when they started to bloom. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was painted in 1973. Sometimes I wonder if I was painting better then than now. Certainly I was painting better than I thought I was at the time. The Redbuds actually grow almost like weeds here once you get them started. They are all over our woods, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this painting V1, wish I had takem more photos of rosebud we used to have tool. Hey, would you mind trying to leave another comment on my blog now to see if it goes better? If it doesn't again, will email blogspot to see what problem could be.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!