Monday, July 27, 2009

Gallery Wrap Canvas, Old House Landscape Painting

ART.  A gallery-wrap canvas can save framing costs if the edges are painted. Some artists paint the edges solid black. That works well on abstract. I, however, like to continue the subject on the edges of the canvas as I did on the Old House painting commission. A picture is worth a thousand words, and I show you the pictures below to illustrate my meaning. On the left edge I have wrapped the landscape and a sunflower around the corner. On the bottom edge I continued the sunflowers and bluebonnet landscape. On the right edge I wrapped tree branches and added a dog ...  I couldn't let this painting go without an animal in the landscape. On the top edge the tree branches reach toward the sky.  Click on the image to enlarge it.

Gallery-wrap canvas lets me add a little something extra to the painting and saves the collector framing costs. The hanging wire is attached directly to the wood stretcher bars behind the canvas.

LIFE.  Many Christmases past, Shirley gave me a coffee mug with a mother duck and six ducklings marching in a row around the mug. The sixth duckling was way far behind the others.  The sixth duckling was so far behind the other ducklings that he appeared to be right ahead of his mother as they circled around the mug, and the text on the mug read, "I'm so far behind that I think I'm first." That is exactly where I find myself ... so far behind that I think I'm first ... and leading.

Never fear. Wonder Dog is here.

Today's Blessing:  FRIENDS.

Texas Sauce Studio

V. Bridges-Hoyt
"Painting the Sauce of Texas"
animals • flowers • people • places

To commission a painting or portrait,
email txsauce@txsauce.net
~~~