Friday, August 28, 2009

New Stuff! 2 paintings, 1 baby girl

ART. A couple of new artworks are in progress.

The first one is a Saluki painted in watercolor and ink, nearly finished. The Saluki is being painted for a special promotion to benefit rescued dogs at Saluki Tree of Life Alliance, an Art Helping Animals approved animal rescue organization. The promotion starts on September 1. If you'd like to own this painting, you can reserve it or get more info by emailing me: artist@vbridgeshoyt.com



The second work-in-progress is a Christmas painting, and the little fella you see on the lower right is a Dachshund in awe of the gifts, and maybe there is one just for the Doxie. This piece is being painted with watercolor and ink and can be reserved by emailing me (artist@vbridgeshoyt.com). I'm hoping to finish the Christmas art this weekend and will post another image next week.


EVENTS.
September: Three of my wildlife paintings are on exhibit at the Frisch Auf Valley Country Club in La Grange, Texas. Artists' Reception - September 12.

October: If you're in the Dallas area in October 17 - November 30, you can see my original paintings in the Artists of Texas exhibit at the Dutch Art Gallery, and you're invited to the Artists' Reception on October 17 from 1:00 - 5:00 pm. Mark your calendar! I'll be there, and I hope you will be, too.

November: Ten of my paintings are currently to be seen at Garden of the Dragonfly in Old Town Spring, Texas, and I'll be participating in a special event on November 1 to benefit cancer research. Read more about this on the blog sidebar under Events.

LIFE. A new baby girl was born to my nephew and his wife in the springtime. Here is her May photo -- she's so teeny and new and pretty in pink.

Last week when I visited, I was able to get photos of her with her great-grandfather (my dad). Here she is with my dad: Alexis (4 months) and Lewis Bridges (93 years). He is really enjoying the new life. Babies bring such innocent joy.

Today's Blessing: Life is such a blessing!

Texas Sauce Studio

V. Bridges-Hoyt
"Painting the Sauce of Texas"
animals • flowers • people • places

To commission a painting or portrait,
email txsauce@txsauce.net
~~~