Friday, September 4, 2009

DACHSHUND CHRISTMAS art in progress 2


ART. WORK-IN-PROGRESS. The Dachshund Christmas painting progresses a little each day. Although the process is slower, I prefer letting watercolor glazes dry naturally because using a hair dryer tends to dull the colors. Here is where the painting is today. It's a fun painting, and I'm anxious to finish it. Click on the image to see enlarged detail. Painting copyright V. Bridges-Hoyt 2009.

The Texas Longhorn Steer sold with a request to add a few spots of white paint on the steer's hide, so that is on my easel now. Next I will be painting a few landscapes for the October-November Artists of Texas exhibit at the Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas. It feels great being able to stand at the easel again.

LIFE. Last night was early to bed, then early to rise. For some strange reason, I was awake after five hours at 2:00 am and could not, for the life of me, go back to sleep. So as not to waste that time, I got out of bed and went into the studio to paint. Painting in the quiet of night is rather surreal and quite pleasant as it's easy to fall into that meditative artist's zone ... or maybe I was just sleeping at the easel.

I haven't a clue how the time can pass by so quickly, but here it is September 4th already, and I guess Christmas is peeking 'round the corner. Wonder if I'll ever be ready for Christmas before my usual December 24th. Last year I was so far behind that I don't remember ever mailing Christmas cards. I'll try to do better this year and need to follow my cousin's lead of writing cards out on Thanksgiving weekend. In the meantime, I am really enjoying a drop of 20 degrees lower than the 100+ temps of June-July-August. Yesterday's bike ride with music accompaniment from the birds was a real joy. Today it was raining so I didn't get to ride.

Today's Blessing: 80 degrees F. and early morning rain showers.

Texas Sauce Studio

V. Bridges-Hoyt
"Painting the Sauce of Texas"
animals • flowers • people • places

To commission a painting or portrait,
email txsauce@txsauce.net
~~~