Saturday, November 28, 2009

Straw Broom, colored pencil sketch.


ART.  Straw Broom. 2.5x3.5 inches. Colored pencil on bristol board.

My late mother hung this little broom on the wall of her house, and during the aftermath of her funeral four years ago, I sketched it. This one is not for sale but remains in my personal collection. It reminds me not to waste time. How quickly the days of our lives are swept away.




Today's Blessing: Fall weather with leaves of bright color.




Texas Sauce Studio



"Painting the Sauce of Texas"
animals • flowers • people • places








1 comment:

  1. That is so neat. The drawing really does speak to me with great character.
    The things that you remember about the ones we loose is sometimes just amazing. My mom wouldn't let us move a broom from where we lived to another house. She had moved a lot when she was a girl and her mother was certain that bad luck would happen to you. I think of it when I see a broom down at her house while I am working there. I plan on leaving it there as a gift to the new owner, whenever I get it sold.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!