Friday, January 29, 2010

Red Hat & Heels, oil painting on linen

Watch this video on youtube.

Red Hat & Heels, 16x12 inch oil painting, demonstration part 1 of 3
© V. Bridges Hoyt 2010

Red Hat & Heels was painted nearly a year ago, and I've been attempting to create a demo video ever since the painting was completed. You wouldn't believe the number of times I've remade this video. The first pass left me with a 22 minute video, and I knew I had to cut it down shorter. So now you see a video that is 2 minutes and 25 seconds, about one tenth of the length it first was. The editing process is not linear. Cuts are not made all at once in a direct line. Hours of viewing and listening to the audio track are required before
an intelligible clip can be made. Hours and weeks of video editing. Why do I do this? Because I enjoy it. I love the creative process, no matter the genre. After thinking I was finished with the Red Hat & Heels video, I uploaded it to youtube. Now I see some static noise in the video player. Maybe I'll come back to do a little more editing ... some other day. 

A Father's Wise Advice
My children, listen to me. Listen to your father's instruction. Pay attention and grow wise, for I am giving you good guidance. Don't turn away from my teaching. For I, too, was once my father's son, tenderly loved by my mother as an only child. --Proverbs 4:1-3

Today's Blessing: Photo Shoot at the Mustard Seed Studio, Old Town Spring


email V. Bridges Hoyt