Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Texas Farmer Lives his Passion


ART.  Now this is art! My 94 year old father who still works his cattle, hauls hay to feed the herd on cold winter days, and follows his passion out on the farm. I've put together this short video showing my dad focused on getting a hay bale ready to feed his cows.


video © V. Bridges-Hoyt 2009 all rights reserved


LIFE.  Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! Yesterday was a day filled with surprises.

I believe each of us is born with a soul that is not destroyed by the physical wear and tear on the body. A soul that transcends the physical. I believe each of us has a purpose in life, God's will, to find and nurture the soul that resides within, to use the gifts that God has gifted us, to develop our passions for life, creating good will with our gifts--what each of us can do to help another in some way. Not to destroy, not to belittle, but to help build the spirit of encouragement all around us through the gifts and talents God has given us. Over the past eight or nine years, I have asked, "How will I know when I am doing God's will?" The answer was not easy for me to hear, but once heard, the answer seemed so simple. God's will does not bring difficulty to a life. God's will for a life is found in what flows easily. 

What is your passion? The process of painting and the art of design nurture my soul.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.
--Proverbs 3:5-6

Today's Blessing:  I made it through another year without too much wear and tear! 



4 comments:

  1. Your Dad is amazing. You've got some good genes to fall back on. My mother in law (91) is in an alzheimer's unit and it's soooo sad. Hope your Dad has many more happy productive years.

    Love the Bible verse. Many years ago I crossstitched that and have it hanging in the stairwell so see it every day as I come down in the mornings. Good advice to remember.

    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vic ... thank you for leaving your comment. I do hope I inherited Dad's good genes. All through his life, he has walked miles over that land on a daily basis.

    I have friends who have gone through the Alzheimer's care with a parent. My heart goes out to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the video of your dad. Those large bales have saved a lot of farmers harder work as the tractor can help them get the job done. I use to go back into our timber area and help my dad toss the small square bales to the cows. That was sure a long time ago.
    God's purpose and our cooperation sure comforts our soul. You find peace in knowing our creator is on our side and his expectations are loving not demanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. L.D. ... thanks for stopping by the blog. I remember when Dad was till using square hay bales ... yes, a lot more work.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!