Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mark Your Calendar! 4 Artists • 4 Seasons

Shirley Stronach • V Bridges Hoyt • June Oros • Judy A. Crowe

Mark your Calendar
for
4 Artists • 4 Seasons
Art Show & Sale
March 4-7, 2010
at
The Mustard Seed Studio & Gallery
Old Town Spring, Texas

Artists' Reception
Friday, March 5, 6:00 - 8:00 pm

See blog sidebar for more information.


LIFE.  On waking this morning, my mind was running every which way. So much to do. So little time. Opportunity abounds.  I slowed down my thoughts by drinking a cup of coffee and petting the dog and cat for a few minutes.  The only way through this week is to plan the work and work the plan.


My study of Proverbs continues. As a father, Solomon advised his children to avoid wicked people, avoid the places where they would congregate. The word "wicked" covers a lot of territory from the extremely wicked to playfully wicked. The first two dictionary definitions of wicked are: 1) evil or morally wrong; 2) intended to or capable of harming someone or something. The wicked definition has been taken much farther by some others who interpret the Bible, but my approach to this reading of Proverbs is from a layman's (laywoman's) viewpoint. I come to Proverbs with an open mind and take the definition literally. I understand Proverbs as advice on how to live a good life.
Do not do as the wicked do or follow the path of evildoers. Avoid their haunts. Turn away and go somewhere else, for evil people cannot sleep until they have done their evil deed for the day. They cannot rest unless they have caused someone to stumble. They eat wickedness and drink violence! --Proverbs 4:14-17

Today's Blessing:  I have all of today to finish a current job. I will use time wisely today.



email V. Bridges Hoyt