Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Art Show starts 1:00 pm, Thursday, March 4 at Mustard Seed Gallery, Spring, Texas

ART.  The paintings are hung. The exhibit opens on Thursday at 1:00 pm. We have original oil paintings, original watercolor paintings, wax encaustic art, giclee prints and greeting cards all of varied subjects including animals, birds, still life, landscapes, flowers, pretty girls, musicians, architecture and more. This is a good show. 



I decided to offer my Daffy Dolls red hat painting at this exhibit. Additionally, I am showing 17 - 20 original oil paintings and will have matted prints available of some of my sold works along with the Cowboy Dachshund note cards and a few Christmas cards of my original design. 


4 Artists • 4 Seasons
at the
Mustard Seed Gallery
Old Town Spring, Texas

Artists Reception
Friday evening

Please join us!

LIFE. ...What a day it was! Up early after going to bed late, I carried all my exhibit paintings to the gallery, then realized I left three or four paintings at home. Drove home, got the other paintings, and drove back to the gallery to hang paintings. The gallery looks nice. Of course, I am always in awe of Judy Crowe's fabulous still life paintings. I am equally impressed with Shirley Stronach's watercolor and encaustic works [especially the basset hounds wearing goggles] and with June Oros' many musicians. June has an orchestra of paintings in her exhibit. By day's end, I was tired but it was a good tired with a feeling of accomplishment. Today I'm back at the day job. 


My daily reading of Proverbs continues.  Today's reading disappoints me a bit. I was hoping for something a little more uplifting. Wow! This Bible stuff gets down and dirty and right to the point, but what a great foundation for teaching children the right direction to follow.



Lessons for Daily Life
Here is a description of worthless and wicked people: They are constant liars, signaling their true intentions to their friends by making signs with their eyes and feet and fingers. Their perverted hearts plot evil. They stir up trouble constantly. But they will be destroyed suddenly, broken beyond all hope of healing.  --Proverbs 6:12-15








email V. Bridges Hoyt