Monday, April 12, 2010

Two Roses and a Rosebud

Sometimes a painting sits on a shelf for a few years before I bring it out again. This was a pastel I painted in 2007. I may do a little touch up on it, or I may just frame it as is. Here is the link to my beginning of

Two Roses and a Rosebud, pastel on paper
© V. Bridges Hoyt 2010


The thing about beautiful roses is they always have thorns to prick our fingers and arms. It seems that all things good bring a little trouble alongside. Speaking of which ...

I have put in more than the first 100 days of working for my government this year. Hey, isn't that supposed to be the other way around, i.e. government working for me? I hope by noon on Tuesday I will be done with the taxes ... and also that I can now enjoy the fruits of my own labor rather than working only to pay next year's taxes.  I have not painted much at all in the last 30 days or so, and I am losing myself. 

In Proverbs, I am now into "The Wisdom of Solomon" and will be quoting some of the verses that speak to me personally.
Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. --Proverbs 11:17