Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Horseback ~ Linchpin

ART.  Inspired by my daughter and grandson on horseback, I wanted to capture a painting of shapes and form and let the viewer's mind fill in the detail. To that end, I decided to keep this piece loose by painting with a palette knife on hardboard. The setting is central Texas under a blue sky. Two riders and a barren mesquite tree dominate the landscape. The horses' names are Drago and Keeper (left to right).
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125 USD plus $12.50 USD s/h
Or, send me an email


Horseback 
palette knife painting 
oil on hardboard 
8x10 inches 

email me 
LIFE.  I designed the new Texas Sauce Art Life blog header and decided to simplify the background to basic white, which should make the art images show up better.  

My four books are in from Amazon.  Linchpin arrived on Friday, and I am three-quarters of the way through reading it. Good book. In fact, great book! Seth Godin writes about a new wave of artists (a general term used to describe a creative person, no matter what field) becoming indispensable. This book really makes me think.  Linchpin is definitely worth reading, especially if you like books about business, management, marketing, or books about new ideas as I do.  

The remaining three books arrived today. I can't wait to read them. You can bet I won't be sitting in front of the TV for a while.  I won't mention their titles yet but will tell you about each book as I read it.  

Today's Proverb:
The generous prosper and are satisfied; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed. --Proverbs 11:25