Thursday, April 7, 2011

Life Eternal, Dogwood Painting in Progress

My 'daily painting' of the dogwood is still on the drafting board. I've only been able to devote a few minutes a day to it and will share a finished image as soon as it is done. Yesterday I judged the jr. high, high school and adult art entries at the Houston County Fair, Crockett, Texas. That was my morning focus. There is always some good art coming out of the entries. This morning I wear the shipping clerk's hat and have two shipments to get out: one to UPS, one to USPS and a third is pending payment. 

We ran out of puppy food so must run get that now. Puppy is waiting patiently for his breakfast. Last night we began the Intermediate level of dog training. By the end of class, we were both worn out. Training Thor is just as much work for me as it is for him. We have homework. Training is another daily job.

I find that interactions with younger people in the public are the major times I notice that I am looking older.  It is all in their reaction to me. Why is it my spirit is timeless but other people see me as old? It is the body that is aging, not the spirit.

The dogwood flower is a reminder of life eternal. The painting, as am I, is a work in progress.