Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pencil Portrait

The pencil sketch.
Self-portrait 1988.
© Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2011
not for sale

ART. I happened across this pencil self portrait drawn in 1988 as I was beginning architecture college at the University of Houston. Our assignment was to draw a self-portrait. The paper was nothing more than typing paper and the medium used was a graphite #2 pencil. I was given an A+ on the drawing. Today the paper is rumpled and creased with a white streak across the front of the portrait. I am going to try and restore the paper to a smooth finish and frame this or at least store it in an archival sleeve. I like having a series of self-portraits scattered across my years.

Any questions, please click here to contact me.

2 comments:

  1. Cool Vernita :-) definitely looks like you! How wonderful it is to have these memories... and still keep making more. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean ... Thanks! This seems like so long ago. Glad you like the pencil portrait. It was fun to do. I always love a challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!