Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Morning Saluki

An artist never really finishes his work, he merely abandons it.
Paul Valery 


sold


As I go through images to find Christmas paintings, I realize they are mostly from the year 2009 and mostly dog paintings. The Saluki painting was a little larger than most but still small at 12x9 inches. Upon completion, the painting sold quickly to help a Saluki rescue organization located in California. I had secretly hoped this one would not sell as I would have liked this painting for myself. This was one of my earlier ones in watercolor wash and ink line with a touch of gold paint on the collar. I like the looseness, the spontaneity of this Saluki painting. I seem to find that fluidity more easily when I paint with abandon (for myself).

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes when I sell things I am so glad to have the sale but then I do wish I could have it around. I am glad we photograph everything to keep archives of the art works that leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Nita... and I can fully understand why you wouldn't have wanted to give it up! But there's plenty more where that came from... that's the best thing about being an artist. Very best wishes from me to you this Christmas Time... to your Dad... and the rest of your family... and all the grandies. Hope your time together is wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Merry Christmas to you all.

    Larry, yes, we are lucky to have the digital cameras so handy.

    Jean, you are always filled with inspirational support. Thanks for the Christmas wishes. Are you enjoying the warm summery Christmas time in Australia? I know you are accustomed to that, but it sounds so strange to me. I would love to visit your country some time.

    Carol, I'm always glad when you stop by for a visit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!