Monday, January 9, 2012

Rainy Day Planning

Officially, Texas is still in a drought; however, today the clouds weep on Greater Houston. Rainy days evoke memories of early painting days when the young girl would gather her paints and find a piece of cardboard on which to create something new and colorful. Wish I could be that young carefree girl on this rainy day, but today I am planning and organizing.

Bear Creek Chapel, a Historic Texas Church 
8x10 inches unframed • oil on panel
Available direct from the Artist • frame sold separately
Contact Vernita.

Already the new year is a week old. That first week was a wash for me with two holidays for New Year's Day on Sunday and Monday, a trip to Crockett on Wednesday, and a birthday on Thursday. With the beginning of a new year, I am thinking of new ways to market paintings, puzzling over what, who and how I want to paint, and taking a studio break while I pull my thoughts together and work on tax reports and home organization projects. Yes, January will be a time to organize my thoughts, my studio, my house and my life. February will be the time for painting. There is a time for everything.

The Artists of Texas fall exhibition at the Dutch Art Gallery was successful for the Gallery and for some of the artists, but I am thinking that Dallas may not be my best market. My four remaining Texas church paintings were juried into the exhibit, but the right collector didn't come along. I will investigate other venues. Historically, my most loyal collectors have been local or have come through my internet sites. I have been fortunate and blessed to have good internet sales—that works for me.

I thank all of you who commissioned or collected my paintings in 2011. I plan to show you new exciting works in 2012.

Available paintings and other handcrafted items are now showing on the blog right hand sidebar. New items will be added weekly and sold works will be removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!