Monday, March 19, 2012

Personal Art Collection of Studio Stuff

Personal Art Collection.
Paintings by (left to right)
Judy Crowe, Jane Freeman and V. Bridges Hoyt
The few paintings on my fireplace mantel announce my personal taste in art. I lean toward a mixture of mediums (oil, watercolor, pastel and colored pencil) and a style not quite photorealism yet representational in nature. Many different paintings have graced the mantel throughout the 35 years I've lived in my house—contemporary art, southwestern art, traditional landscape art, florals, a couple or three portraits, large paintings, medium sized paintings and groupings of small paintings. The miniature oil painting of watermelon is now in a private collection in Houston.

I learned in my early twenties when I couldn't buy new furnishings that I could enliven my rooms by celebrating art through the relocation of paintings. The rotation of wall paintings can make a room seem new.

The early morning foray into studio sorting didn't last long, and tonight I am back at it ... maybe ... unless my desire to paint wins out over sorting and organizing. While I have a semblance of order in my living area, my studio is filled with ...

Studio Stuff.

This may take awhile.


Thanks for following my Texas Sauce Art Life.
V. Bridges Hoyt