Sunday, October 28, 2012

after Sargent's "Jacques Barenton" portrait




A couple of weeks ago, I participated in a "continuing education" art workshop taught by Timothy C. Tyler. I highly recommend Tim Tyler's workshop to other painters. He is a fantastic teacher, personable, and an awesome artist. Check out his paintings and bio at http://tctyler.com/

Tim Tyler's workshop method was to study the masters' paintings. I selected John Singer Sargent as my artist to study. My copy of Sargent's portrait "Jacques" is close but not exact. I do like this method of studying and learning and would like to do some more of these.

In the five day workshop, I painted two paintings. I wouldn't call either of them 100% complete, but I'll be able to go back in and finish them if I choose. That will be after I paint portrait commissions waiting in the wings.

Thanks for following my Texas Sauce Art Life.
V. Bridges Hoyt

As a child, I was constantly reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. —Vernita Bridges Hoyt

3 comments:

  1. Very good job Nita. beautiful.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, thank you so much. Tim Tyler's workshop was a really good workshop. I recommend his workshop if you can attend one. His website is TCTyler.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, thank you so much. Tim Tyler's workshop was a really good workshop. I recommend his workshop if you can attend one. His website is TCTyler.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!