Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sunflower Passion for Life

I've added another sunflower painting behind the Sunflowers tab at the top of the blog. I hope you'll take a look.

I have heard people say they are "bored" with their days.  I can not fathom how anyone can be bored with life.  I am grateful that my days are filled.  My "to do list" never ends. Occasionally, I think I am reaching the bottom of the list, then whammo! Out of nowhere I find more projects to add to the list.

I wonder if "boredom" has anything to do with whether a person is extroverted (restoring one's energies from other people, requiring lots of social time) or introverted (restoring energies from within, requiring more alone time). People are typically a mix of the two (extrovert/introvert) but lean one way or the other. Extroverts (in the majority) don't generally understand introverts (in the minority). I have always thought of myself as an introvert since I need alone time to regroup and recenter after socializing. I do like and need people but find that too much social time uses up my energy quickly. Maybe that's why I am passionate about painting. Painting puts me into a meditative zone and restores my energy. Daily restoration is best.

I know that all extroverts are not bored with life. Maybe boredom comes from lack of passion, depression, or other reasons. What do you think? Are you bored with your days or passionate about life?

Life doesn't last. While we are here we need to be passionate about living life. All of us will have  different definitions of what "living life to the fullest" is for us.

Today I am grateful for self-motivation. There will never be enough time in this life for all that I want to accomplish. How can anyone be bored with life?

Thanks for following my Texas Sauce Art Life.
V. Bridges Hoyt


As a child, I was constantly reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. —V. Bridges Hoyt

2 comments:

  1. I think your blog is great. Agree with you re. getting bored. Who has the time to get bored when there is paint and canvases that must be filled with creativity and imagination.

    Jimmie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Jimmie. Thanks for your compliment on the blog. I suspect there are many artists who feel as we do about creativity and imagination. Yes, how could we ever be bored?

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!