Copyright

Texas Sauce Art Life ... ramblings about art and life. Published since January 2005. Images and content © Vernita Bridges Hoyt. All Rights Reserved. If quoting parts of this blog, please provide a back link to http://txsauce.blogspot.com/

Monday, March 25, 2013

Begonia in Flower Pot

Sketchbook Art.

Next page—13017-sk. Begonia in Flower Pot. Pen and Ink.
BEGONIA • Sketchbook Art
copyright V. Bridges Hoyt 2013
I just can't stop myself from sketching daily now that I have begun. The Raffine sketchbook paper is the best I've ever used. I made a special trip back to Jerry's Art-a-Rama a few days ago to purchase a set of Pigma Micron ink pens. They work as well or better than the old Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph ink pens I used years ago in my Architecture practice. 

The Begonia drawing took about one hour altogether. Some of that time went into playing fetch and retrieve with Thor, my Boxer boy studio dog. 

Easter is coming early this year. The year my daughter was born, Easter came early like this. She was less than three weeks old on her first visit to grandparents. I am always reminded of that visit when Easter arrives in March. We are having what my mother would have called our Easter spell when the weather turns cold the week before Easter Sunday. This year springtime can't decide to come or go. Speaking of springtime, check out the blog sidebar for my dogwood art at ColorTrends.Etsy.com. Original paintings are available as well as some prints and greeting cards. I can make prints from any of the original paintings shown there. Email me here if anything strikes your fancy.

As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings.
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like the Pigma Micron pens, too! Now this latest sketch is dynamite! I've been seeing fantastic results on the raffine sketch paper. Remember the Rapidograph pens, how they clog up when you need them to flow smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the micron pens are the greatest, especially that 005 tip size.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...