Sunday, September 22, 2013

Wire Hair Jack Russell Terrier Oil Painting

Use wisely what you have been given and you will be given more.  MATTHEW 25:29


Southeast Texas air feels cooler after Friday's all day rain, which we so needed. We needed cooler temps, too. Yesterday 74° felt wonderful. Today promises more of the same. The only bother is mosquitos which hatched overnight from standing puddles of rainwater.

Original is sold.
The time of year approaches for looking back. I decided to look back at September 2006, and found my little painting of the feisty, wire hair JRT that was rescued by True Blue Animal Rescue. Painting is much like journaling. With each painting, I record my memories of life at that time. I remember traveling to the beautiful hill country between Chappell Hill and Brenham to meet up with Melanie and other people at T-Bar. If I had been younger, I would have adopted Jack the JRT, but he was too energetic for me. The best I could do for Jack was to paint his portrait and donate the sales to T-Bar. Jack's portrait sold quickly.

HOLIDAY CARDS AVAILABLE
Jack, the Jack Russell Terrier, was printed on holiday cards which were offered at my Etsy Shop in 2006. The cards were sold but can be reprinted. If you'd like to send these cards, contact me here with JRT Cards as the subject. Cards will be printed and shipped directly after your confirmation of order. Thanks in advance. Inquire soon! 

As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings.
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™.  View my Texas Impressionist Oil PaintingsSubscribe to my blog letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, and you will be able to contact me directly. I do not share your email address.