Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Galveston Oh Galveston Oil Painting


Galveston Oh Galveston
Galveston Island Oil Painting, painting by Vernita Bridges Hoyt
About This Painting:
Painted from my reference photo of Galveston Island as viewed from the 61st Street Fishing Pier in the month before Hurricane Ike made landfall. 
Media: oil on canvas panel
Size: 8 in X 6 in (20.3 cm X 15.2 cm)
Price: $125 USD
How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125 USD plus $7.5 USD s/h

Order Online with the easy pay PayPal button above. Purchase with credit/debit card or your PayPal account. 

Colors in the digital image may vary slightly from monitor to monitor. What I am seeing on my iMac closely matches what is on the original canvas. 


I paint from personal experience and prefer painting from my own photo references. Memories of that trip to Galveston come back in waves, and Glen Campbell's song Galveston runs through my mind.

Galveston, oh Galveston, I still hear your sea winds blowin' I still see her dark eyes glowing' She was 21 when I left Galveston
Galveston, oh Galveston, I still hear your sea waves crashing While I watch the cannons flashing I clean my gun and dream of Galveston
I still see her standing by the water Standing there lookin' out to sea And is she waiting there for me? On the beach where we used to run
Galveston, oh Galveston, I am so afraid of dying Before I dry the tears she's crying Before I watch your sea birds flying in the sun At Galveston, at Galveston

As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 

View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings
Subscribe to my blog letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, or contact me here. I do not share your email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!