Monday, August 17, 2015

Triple Digits. Shades of Gray. Landscape Oil Painting

In Texas, shades of gray come in winter and again in the hot days of summer as grass and pastures dry out and wildfires burn.

SHADES OF GRAY
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2013
oil on panel 7 x 5 inches

Contact me here.

This summer is one of the hot ones when temperatures are triple digit and the heat index is up to 111 degrees F just 40 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico. Southeast Texas is "cooled" by gentle ocean breezes while farther inland, Austin and Dallas-Ft.Worth areas are ever hotter in real degrees. The high humidity of Southeast Texas creates a stifling steam bath causing danger of heat exhaustion or heat stroke because bodies lose the natural ability to perspire and cool themselves. Greater Houston has been in heat advisory alerts for six weeks since triple digits began in July.

As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 

View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings
Subscribe to my blog letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, or contact me here. I do not share your email address.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for visiting my blog. You will find my public Facebook page at http://facebook.com/vbridgeshoyt.artist

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!