Monday, January 2, 2017

Take the High Road, Clouds, Work in Progress


Sometimes it's a struggle to take the high road, but the high road keeps a person from trudging through the swamp which is filled with alligators and snakes.


I loved the week between Christmas and New Year's for its quiet time, so good for introspection and planning. The weather over Christmas week was just about perfect with a few cumulus clouds floating in a blue sky. Birds were singing and flitting from tree to bush and back again. They seemed to think it springtime. I think they were mockingbirds. Thor Boxer boy was hanging close to me; he knew the mockingbirds might dive bomb him. 

After Christmas I began a new painting for the next DaVinci Gallery showing in Tomball, Texas. I have a start, but the painting is far from finished. I'm hoping I can bring it to completion before the exhibition "Fresh Art" on January 14.

Untitled Work-in-Progress / Early Wash of Local Colors
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2017

Be sure to check out the blog sidebar and browse through my Etsy shop or click here to view  TXsauceStudio.etsy.com.

nodp



Alternately, you can view more paintings at my website portfolio www.VernitaHoyt.com/


V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™.

Subscribe to my monthly ART STUDIO NOTES.