Thursday, August 28, 2008

HOUSE CALL, the Doctor's Car


The year was 1961 and my brother David's first car was a used 1946 Chevy. Abandoned to the elements, the Chevy now rests in a weed-filled ditch. The car's original owner had been old Dr. Kennedy who was accustomed to making house calls in the small town of Grapeland, Texas. That physician's service was stopped a long time before the Chevy was abandoned to the weeds.

If there is enough interest, I will print more of these posters without the watermark, of course. My original painting is watercolor on clayboard and hangs on the wall of my family room. My brother has the first poster print. Please email or leave your comment on the blog.

..........
If you received this post by email, click on the Texas Sauce Art Life link below. Then click on Comments below the post.

Purchase paintings at One Painting a Day.