Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cow Painting on the Boards

ART. A new watercolor in progress! I am almost done with this piece and have only a small bit of work to do.

Click on image to see final painting.

#110905 currently on the boards
SUNRISE PINK COW, a work in progress by V. Bridges Hoyt
watercolor 10x10 inches
You can view my daily paintings at the Daily Painters Art Gallery or see my larger paintings at Art to Live With on my official website V. Bridges Hoyt Design. Click on Available Art to purchase a daily painting, or email me about larger pieces.

Any questions, click here to contact me.

LIFE. All around us are wildfires. Bastrop, Texas, has the worst. Over 500 homes have burned along with over 16,000 acres of forest. Fires closest to me are in Magnolia, The Woodlands and Spring. There are fires in Leander and Marble Falls, fires in Houston and Anderson counties, fires close to my daughter, my son, my father, brothers and cousins. Really there are fires close to just about everyone I know—family and friends. We are still hoping and praying for rain. Enough rain to end this Texas drought and put out wildfires.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful shapes and colors in this cow. I'm hoping the fires don't reach any of your family and they are under control soon. Haven't checked the news this morning so maybe there is good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nita I like the way your pink cow is looking. She is nice.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann and Linda ... Thanks so much! I am always inspired when my artist peers can see the good in a painting. Sometimes it's good to have someone say "Stop, it's done."

    The fires local to us have been contained. I am hoping no others pop up, and we are still praying for rain to fall. This has certainly been a year of extremes.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!