Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Daily Paintings on Wood or Board



Click image for detail.


ART.  Oil paint applied with a palette knife on cradled wood boards has become my favorite way of painting. Above is a side view of two paintings on cradled Tung wood. Frames are not necessary on these mini paintings but can be used if you prefer.  The watermelon painting has a sale pending. If payment doesn't arrive by the weekend, the watermelon will be available again. The sunflower painting (seen in full a few posts back) is available now.

Mornings are my best painting time before the upstairs studio heats up too much for comfort. Stay tuned for what comes out of today's painting session. I hope to see you here tomorrow.

Visit my Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/TXsauceArtStudio.

Also, please check out my painting auctions at the DailyPaintworks Gallery, or you can view all available works together at the Daily Painters Art Gallery. Any questions, click here to contact me.

If you'd like to view my daily painting without the ramblings, subscribe to my One Painting a Day blog.