Wednesday, September 9, 2009

LADY IN RED #1, portrait study week


ART. A true profile of the lady in red dress, this portrait study was painted ala prima and shows the beginning stages of a formal portrait. Offered out of my existing inventory for the collector who is fascinated by the process of art or for a beginning artist who wants to study portraiture, this painting is up for Auction and is one of two studies of the Lady in Red.

Also offered in this auction is a
25% OFF coupon good on a custom oil portrait
of you or your family member (one subject).

For a 16x20 portrait, the coupon discount is worth almost double the starting bid on this auction. Check it out! I've added this coupon offer to all my study portraits currently up for auction. You'll find the links on my blog.



Lady in Red #1
ala prima portrait study
oil on canvas panel
20x16 inches

~

LIFE. The two weeks since visiting Dad have flown by quickly as they have been filled with work and responsibilities. It seems hardly possible that two weeks are gone already. I decided Labor Day wasn't the best time to be on the road so stayed home but will try to make another day trip to the farm next week. This will be a short week as I find my way through more work which is, after all, a good thing. Even bedtime reading has been short as I have been tired at the end of a day. I am sleeping about five hours a night on the average. I need to get myself outside for more exercise, but it needs to be scheduled around the other tasks ... or scheduled first. Trying to get it all in and still finding time for myself is the greatest challenge.

Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think about all you can praise God for and be glad about. Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you.... His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.
--Philippians 4:8-9, 7

Today's Blessing: Messages and Communications

Texas Sauce Studio

V. Bridges-Hoyt
"Painting the Sauce of Texas"
animals • flowers • people • places

To commission a painting or portrait,
email txsauce@txsauce.net
~~~