Sunday, September 6, 2009

Man Reading, portrait study week


ART. "Man Reading" -- Portrait study of man looking down, oil on canvas panel, 20x16 inches. Auction. Click here to view or place bid.

I am offering some of my quick painting studies at rock bottom prices just to clear out my studio inventory. My typical ala prima portrait fee for a completed oil painting of this size is $720. Please email me about my fee schedule for traditional, fully developed portraits.

LIFE. I spent half the day writing a press release for Daily Painters of Texas upcoming exhibit in Dallas-- October 17-November 30 at the Dutch Art Gallery. I'm happy with the finished article, but it wasn't easy. I don't know why writing is so hard for me. It always has been. Probably always will be. Maybe it's because I want it to be perfect which, of course, it never is. Like design, there is always some other way to try, another way to do it. There are many possibilities when pursuing creative endeavors. One just finally has to set a deadline and say DONE!

Today's Blessing: a quiet day of doing whatever I want.

Texas Sauce Studio

V. Bridges-Hoyt
"Painting the Sauce of Texas"
animals • flowers • people • places

To commission a painting or portrait,
email txsauce@txsauce.net
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!