Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dream House, Nightmare Haunted House, Large Impasto oil painting.



ART.  I suppose the movie Psycho stuck in my memory for a number of years. About 25 years ago I painted this house right out of a dream (nightmare) I dreamed. Years after I painted it, I realized how much it looked like the Psycho house. I've kept this in my personal collection all these years. I'm ready to let it go. If anyone wants to own this one, please email and make an offer. Otherwise, I'll keep it around to remind me how good my life is today. I no longer have dreams about the Psycho house.

Dream House, artist V. Bridges-Hoyt, 24 x 18 inches, oil on canvas.

Way back then, I was stretching my own canvas and typically used linen as the painting support. The painting is impasto oil, some of it painted with palette knife, some of it painted with a brush. There is much texture in the foreground as the steps come closer to the viewer. Perfectly dry, this one is ready to ship. This is the only digital image I have, but if you're interested I am happy to email a larger detail of the painting to you.

Click on my name below to email me. Click on the Texas Sauce logo to view my web site portfolio.


Texas Sauce Studio




"Painting the Sauce of Texas"


animals • flowers • people • places