Thursday, December 31, 2009

Year in Review, 82 Paintings, Fireworks, HAPPY NEW YEAR!


ART.  I thought it might be fun to collage all my 82 completed paintings from 2009 together in one piece, so here you have it. 


I'm not sure how large this image will get when you click it. My plan to make it as wide as the blog column didn't quite work, but maybe you can see enough of the thumbnails to get the idea. Many of these paintings have sold. Some are still available. I've placed an inventory number on each image. Email me if you have any questions.

LIFE.  The shooting of fireworks has begun, and Border Collie Brooke is frightened already. She followed me upstairs and is laying under my desk right beside my feet. Poor little thing. She doesn't understand or like the loud noises. Actually, neither do I. At least this year, we've had an early rainy season and the roof is wet, not dry, so less apt to catch fire should a rocket land on it.


Some things never change. Fireworks. The passing of time. Good vs Evil. Immorality. 
The words of Proverbs were written between 970 and 950 B.C.  Greece was at the height of its classic paganism, India was dominated by pantheistic religion, and China was debating the rational philosophy set forth by the Chou dynasty.
Recognize also the culture of the age. The names and locations may change, but the times don't really sound that different than modern times, do they? Some things never change.

The Benefits of Wisdom (Proverbs continued)
Wisdom will save you from evil people, from those whose speech is corrupt. These people turn from right ways to walk down dark and evil paths. They rejoice in doing wrong, and they enjoy evil as it turns things upside down. What they do is crooked, and their ways are wrong.
Wisdom will save you from the immoral woman, from the flattery of the adulterous woman. She has abandoned her husband and ignores the covenant she made before God. "Entering her house leads to death; it is the road to hell. The man who visits her is doomed. He will never reach the paths of life.

Follow the steps of good men instead, and stay on the paths of the righteous. For only the upright will live in the land, and those who have integrity will remain in it. But the wicked will be removed from the land, and the treacherous will be destroyed.
-- Proverbs 2:12-22
This is where I am today. Tomorrow's study moves into Proverbs 3 which gives me more food for thought. If you want to follow along, then do so.

Today's Blessing:  A quiet day of reflection! From the 1st of January to the 31st of December, 2009 has truly been a year of endings. We must remember that every ending brings a new beginning.



1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying this Nita...I might just have to follow along!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!