Saturday, April 30, 2011

Advice to the Young at Heart

This is your life, these are your dreams, and you deserve happiness. —Julie Morganstern.

110429
Border Collie "Young at Heart"
mini art card

ART. Another freehand watercolor and ink sketch delivers art from my heart. Border Collie Brooke was the model for this original art card illustration. She is 13+ years, but I'm not sure if Brooke really looks as old as I've painted her. I have heard that every painting is a self-portrait of sorts. Perhaps that is true.

"Young at Heart"
3.5x2.5 inch mini art card
on Arches 140# cp paper
$25




LIFE. Don't let it take a lifetime to realize that this is your life, these are your dreams, and you deserve happiness. Julie Morganstern wrote:
Release the constant, frantic search for someone else's approval and acceptance of what you desire. This is your life, these are your dreams, and you deserve happiness.
Morganstern says don't get locked into anything but pick one or two goals for now, knowing they can change if it's really not what you want to do.
Remember that life is nothing more than a series of decisions and corrections. There is no right answer.
Realizing the above, whether young at heart or young in years, will reward a person with years of happiness.
~


Just click here to contact me.

2 comments:

  1. Love the expression and how you painted her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, thanks! I think I was feeling a little old that day, thus the self-portrait reference. :)
    Vernita

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!