Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Texas Landscape #6: Live Oak and Bluebonnets

Daily Painting.  RESERVED on layaway for CP.
Texas Landscape #6: Live Oak and Bluebonnets
© V. Bridges Hoyt 2012
oil on paper, 4x4 inches
This scene is engraved on my mind as I have driven through this pasture many times with my dad. The lone Live Oak Tree by the distant fence row is our landmark. My color palette includes Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Yellow Light and Ultramarine Blue all mixed with a teeny bit of Permalba White.

Painting from imagination agrees with me in this stage of my life. I am actually letting the muse do ALL of the work. When I go to my easel and pick up the palette knife, I have no idea what I will paint or the colors I will use in the painting. When I paint early mornings, the muse takes over. I am back into the pure "daily painting" mode that I discovered in 2006, and I love it!

Small works painted quickly with an ala prima technique.

Thanks for following Texas Sauce Art Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!