Monday, May 7, 2012

Apples


Apple Core © V. Bridges Hoyt
sold
... 
The saying goes, "An apple a day will keep the doctor away." I remember a little golden book about Johnny Appleseed that I used to read to my kids ... or was it my little brother? Maybe both. The story was that Johnny Appleseed traveled all over America planting apple seeds to grow apple trees. The illustrations were wonderful, and Johnny always wore an upside down long-handled pan upon his head.  Why that sticks in my mind is a mystery to me, but Mom always had us eating apples when we were children. I've lost the practice of eating an apple a day, but now with the years slipping by and cholesterol numbers rising maybe eating an apple a day would be a good habit to reinstate.

Note: The image above is a crop from a larger painting that sold in 2008. 

Thanks for following my Texas Sauce Art Life.
V. Bridges Hoyt

6 comments:

  1. What a great painting. Your reds are wonderful. I hope the apple tasted good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mr. Burgus! I appreciate your praise since I know you have taught art for many, many years.... Yes, the apple was quite tasty.

      Delete
  2. I love this Nita. I loved the Johnny Appleseed book too. It would be fun to see that book again. Good job.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thanks! Those little Golden Books were really good.

      Delete

Let me hear from you!