Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Birds and More Birds


What does it mean to see a turkey vulture walking in your neighbor's front yard? That is what I saw today as I was driving home from the supermarket. A lone vulture walking and looking.

The vulture is said to be the Golden Purifier. The Golden Purifer represents Compassion.


The link above describes vulture as totem. I don't see them frequently enough to claim vulture as my bird totem, but the article about Native American meanings is interesting.

Four Calling Birds

Typically when I see a bird, I see a Cardinal. Three days ago I saw a Blue Jay, the first I've seen flying across my back yard. Last week Dad and I saw a hawk circling as we sat and gazed at the blue sky overhead. Dad thought it was an eagle. Maybe it was. He would know better than I. 


Thanks for following my Texas Sauce Art Life.
V. Bridges Hoyt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!