Friday, June 15, 2012

Newborn Study in Watercolor

Every day is a new day unto itself. Some days are easier than others. Overall, each day is good.

NEWBORN STUDY
watercolor with ink line
10x8 inches
copyright V. Bridges Hoyt 2012

In the first week of May, I began a small watercolor sketch of the newborn calf. In the second week of June, I returned to the study to add more color, shading and contour lines.

A newborn is fascinating whether a baby, calf, puppy, kitten, bird, etc. A newborn has curiosity and the excitement of experiencing all the firsts in life as each day dawns.

Newborn Study is available through the Daily Painters Gallery.


Thanks for following my Texas Sauce Art Life.
V. Bridges Hoyt

4 comments:

  1. How sweet this is! I remember having them as pets on the farm...they were rather dog like now that you say that...they followed us everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calves are so sweet and cute when they are standing on those shaky legs. Ours are rather skittish and stay real close to momma cow, and momma cow is usually very protective. Thanks, Janie! I love those baby calves also.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful watercolor work. You captured the personality of this calf perfectly. We have a family of deer that roam our part of the woods and it is so exciting to see the newborns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimmie, thank you for the nice compliment. I was lucky enough to work with orphaned newborn fawns a few years ago. My grandson went with me and was allowed to bottle feed a fawn. They are much smaller than I ever imagined and with little stick legs, but my can they run! They really are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!