Sunday, March 17, 2013

Daily Sketch of Banana Trees

13014
Daily Sketchbook Journal

Sketchbook Art
Windsor Newton plein air watercolor paint
with Sharpie ultra fine point permanent marker line work. 

Banana trees are starting to grow out back. This is a cartoon sketch done while I sat on the patio watching the dogs play. 

Daily sketching is necessary for growth as an artist. I've not been sketching much over the past year or so as I've been busy with other life responsibilities, but I'm starting up again after seeing the growth that two of my artist friends Suzy Pal Powell and Kay Smith have made with their sketch journals over the past year. Sketching is a good early morning or late evening practice. 

Somehow I've misplaced or used up my fine point ink pens. I'll be ordering replacements.

As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings.
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome! Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...