Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Colorful Live Model Figurative Sketch in Pencil and Ink Line

A few days ago I attended a live model figurative lab, first time I've done that in years. I came away inspired! All drawings were in 5 minute or 15 minute time spans. The image below is one of my 15 minute sketches.
15 Minute Sketch #3 of Live Model
pencil and ink on Bristol Plate 2 Ply paper
12 L x 9 W inches
0025.
The model sat on a stool and leaned forward with her chin slightly tilted upward, eyes down. This pose created the challenge of foreshortening in the face arms and legs. Her left leg (on our right) was partially covered by fabric. I didn't bother to render the stool since my focus was on the figure. The 15 minute sketch time goes by quickly without any time for corrections, a practice that stretches an artist to grow. Great fun!

This sketch would present well in a simple black frame with a brightly colored mat.

Contact me through the sidebar email link or leave me a message under this post.


Use wisely what you have been given and you will be given more.  MATTHEW 25:29

As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 

View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings
Subscribe to my blog letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, or contact me here. I do not share your email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!