Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Little Art Cards make Good Gifts

Sometimes you want to give something hand made to a friend.


sold


That "something" can be as simple as a hand-painted watercolor on a baseball card sized piece of watercolor paper.


sold


The size of a baseball card and an ACEO painting is 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 inches. ACEO stands for Art Card Editions and Originals. Art cards can be collected in the vinyl baseball card sleeves and placed in a binder.


sold


The art card originals I chose to paint for four of my painting friends are sunflower sketches.



sold


The four ACEO paintings above were inspired by my neighbor's giant sunflower plants. They were painted from memory in a simple style to create a small hand-made gift.

An alternate way to collect art cards is to search for ACEO on eBay.


As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 
V. Bridges Hoyt - Painting the sauce of Texas
www.vbridgeshoyt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!