Friday, December 19, 2014

Painting of Rescued Brown Pelican on Galveston Bay

I have been busy painting commissions due before Christmas, and I'm still painting. I do promise to be better about blogging in the New Year 2015, which is fast approaching.



One recent painting was of a rescued brown pelican at Smith Point on Galveston Bay, Texas. The pelican had been tangled in a fishing line and was untangled and rescued from certain death by my client's husband and their son. Mrs. H (my client) commissioned the painting for Mr. H's birthday. Both were happy with the painting of the rescued brown pelican. When my clients are happy, I am happy!

We are all extra happy the brown pelican was rescued from the tangled fishing line.

Only six more days until Christmas 2014!

As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 

V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 

View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings

Subscribe to my blog letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life. Questions? You can reach me through the Contact Form in the blog sidebar.