Friday, June 19, 2015

Texas Rains, Tropical Storm Bill, Red River Video, Lucky Dalmatian Pet Portait, Contemporary Animal Artist Vernita Bridges Hoyt

The recent Texas rains have really challenged my studio schedule. Hopefully, now that "Bill" has blown to the north of us, I can get back into the studio.

Lucky Dalmatian • Detail Stage
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2015
This is my current work in progress. I am so close to having finished this pet portrait.  I show you three stages of the pet portrait, the most recent image first. I am determined to complete this commissioned painting today. 


Lucky Dalmatian • Intermediate Shading
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2015

I saw photos and a video of the Red River swollen with the run off from Tropical Storm Bill up in North Texas at the Texas / Oklahoma border. I've tried to embed the Red River video at the bottom of this blog post. I hope you can see it.

Lucky Dalmatian • Underpainting
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2015

It seems coincidental that I began this pet portrait with a red underpainting, but in reality I began long before the rains fell. A red underpainting gives a glow that shines and peeks through the finished piece. Look closely at the top two images. You'll see the red shining through in places. The tongue, of course, has changed very little.

Back to the studio …

Contact me through the Contact Form in the blog sidebar.
Please include my name and the title of the artwork in the subject line.

P.S. About the Red River …

WATCH INCREDIBLE VIDEO from Chopper 11 as Red River flood waters threaten I-35 near TX/OK border. #CBS11WxREAD MORE: http://cbsloc.al/1SwjNBz
Posted by CBS DFW on Friday, June 19, 2015


As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 

View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings
Subscribe to my blog letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, or contact me here. I do not share your email address.


Texas Sauce Art Life … blog about art and life. Published since January 2005.
Images and content © Vernita Bridges Hoyt. All Rights Reserved. If quoting parts of this blog, please provide a back link to http://txsauce.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!